Voting Rights: Then, Now, and Tomorrow
Presented on March 3, 2022
Via Zoom and In-Person at UC Hastings' Cotchett Law Center
Voting is the cornerstone of democracy! At this presentation, an unparalleled panel of experts—including Hon. Thelton Henderson (Ret.), Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General Pam Karlan, Dean Erwin Chemerinsky, and Prof. Brian Landsberg—discussed voting rights in the United States, both historically and into the future, and examined not only federal and state voting laws, but also the different tools used to increase (or suppress) voter turnout and access.
This event was co-sponsored by the Ninth Judicial Circuit Historical Society, the Northern District Practice Program, and the Northern District of California FBA Chapter.
- Hon. Thelton Henderson Senior District Judge, Northern District of California (Ret.)
- Pam Karlan Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General
- Erwin Chemerinsky Dean, Berkeley Law
- Prof. Brian Landsberg University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
- Raymond Marshall, Esq. Sheppard Mullin